[Dragaera] "Kieron The Conqueror"

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 16:42:12 PDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't think all this back story is not something Steve
> will want to have "set in stone" by writing a book about it--at least,
> not until after the Vlad books have all been published. Which means it's
> a long way off, if ever.

To the left, if it's a gripping adventure story (maybe voiced by
Kieron himself, with overwraught dialogue a la 1920's cliffhangers)
written by a contemporary Dragaeran, it may only be set in stone to
the extent that one trusts the writer. Not every author is as careful
as Paarfi, and while the early Empire seems to be fairly
well-documented, the pre-Empire period is "a long way back, even for
[Sethra]" and history seems pretty murky there. And cheap pulp writers
aren't known for their accuracy anyway. I dunno, maybe there is some
potential after all.

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz