[Dragaera] Vlad Norathar with Devera

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Wed Oct 25 13:02:59 PDT 2006

>>Aliera, who was there both times, still hangs out with him.  So either
she's
>>into the May-December thing pretty seriously (and always has been), or
Mario
>>has a really good disguise.
>
>Or the Interrgnum was particularly hard on Mario.  Or Vlad just isn't
>very good at estimating ages of Dragaerans.

Paarfi may just be wrong. Partially, or entirely. It's pretty much a given
that he's never knowingly met Mario. Whatever his sources were that supplied
Mario's back-story and the details of the assassination, it's a fair bet
that some or all of it was made up out of whole cloth.

Certainly, Paarfi's recitation of the events leading up to the Catastrophe
fail to jibe with the comments that Aliera has, at one time or another, made
about those same events. Getting Mario's age wrong would be the least of his
errors.

Of course, if we want to really be pararectal about things, it's easy enough
to imagine that Mario got blasted into an alternate dimension while Sethra
was attempting to save them all; one where time flows at a faster rate,
resulting in his apparent rapid aging by the time he was rescued by Sethra
and/or newly-reborn Aliera.