[Dragaera] Devera, godhood, Kieron speculation

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 14:13:26 PDT 2006

> > Devera is a full-blooded Dragon, the daughter of Aliera e'Kieron and
> > Kieron the Conqueror.

> Is Devera a full blooded Dragon? Aliera is reported to be the daughter of Verra [&c]

I should clarify my assertion:  From the point of view of Dragaerans
in the Empire, and the Dragon Council, Aliera (and Devera) are
sufficiently close to being full-blooded Dragons that their own
stringent rules on Dragaeran & House Dragon genetic purity are
satisfied.  Thus, Devera is a Dragon, and not a Dragon-Jhereg
crossbreed.

The fact that Aliera is half-goddess is presumably allowed for by the
Dragon Council (that issue having been satisfied in her infancy), and
her own acceptance is presumably the precedent that allows Devera in
as well.  Especially since Devera's father is not just any Dragon, but
the Dragon who help to create the entire Empire.

Anyway, my point is that while Devera is something else as well
(part-goddess? full goddess?), she is a full Dragon (and not part
Jhereg).