[Dragaera] Dragaeran Publication Date of _Five Hundred YearsAfter_

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Thu Oct 26 14:19:45 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 10/26/06, Scott wrote:
>

>>> Hm.  Certainly a possibility.  Althought I suspect that would not
>>> mitigate Aliera's anger at her portrayal in FHYA.
>>>

> My inference of anger is based on this reasoning: even if Paarfi
> received some information from Aliera, that information would be given
> in confidence, and its disclosure would be in breach of that
> confidence.

Ummm... I think Aliera would be smart enough to know that anything she
told Paarfi of Roundwood would be likely to end up in a book, no matter
what kind of confidence it was given in...

Dragonlords tend to have a low opinion of the other Houses--a betrayal
of trust would nearly be expected--hence, no trust would be given in the
first place.

As a result, I doubt very much Aliera would have ever told him anything
she didn't want printed.

>> I'm not sure what you're referring to that would anger her. Per Paarfi,
>> everyone is the soul of courtliness. Even the criminals are well-mannered
>> and respectful of each other. What's there for her to be angry about?
>>

> For one, disclosure of details of her love life.  She could well
> become angry at their being published for all to see and gossip about.

Or, like Morrolan, she might not care what others say about her. I
suspect she'd be more likely to be offended at what Paarfi says about
her friends and heroes (Adron, Morrolan, Sethra, &c) that anything he
says about her personally.

> For another, the direct disclosure that she, herself, is an accessory
> to attempted murder, and to murder itself.

Bah. As long as she can justify that the murder was honorable to
herself, I doubt she would care about what other people thought.