[Dragaera] Dragaeran Publication Date of _Five HundredYearsAfter_

Scott scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Oct 31 14:11:18 PST 2006

>Not if she didn't know he was a historical novelist, rather than a
>historian with an actual, rather than pretended, interest in accurate
>reporting.

While I tend to think Aliera would be more suspicious than that, the two
viewpoints (Aliera uses Paarfi to "whitewash" her father, Paarfi uses Aliera
to sensationalize his historical romance) aren't incompatible. It simply
requires them to be using each other, a state of affairs that strikes me as
being more likely than not.

Aliera might be annoyed with Paarfi's portrayal of herself, while she
chuckles at the trick she played on him regarding her father's actions.
Depending on her mood, the one might put paid to the other.