[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

J C greyw01f at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 11:08:18 PST 2006

So I got to wondering,

Given Valabar's widespread fame throughout the Empire, inevitably word of
such a fantastic restaurant would have gotten back to certain people, who
would have organized and Imperial Visit to Valabar's.

So, at that point, does the Emperor/Empress defer to Mr. Valabar's "The chef
has decided to prepare....today" rule, or does the chef say "What would you
like, your Imperial Majesty?"

Or would Valabar's "choose" to make a meal above and beyond even his own
work in scope, depth and quality, coincidentally on the same day that the
Imperial Orb will be seen floating around inside the restaurant?

Actually, that kind of got me thinking further.

The unspoken rule is, "Whatever you do to Easterner's, leave Valabar's
alone."  Perhaps it's not so unspoken as Vlad thinks---maybe the restaurant,
at its inception, made such a name for itself that it attracted Imperial
attention, and made such an impression on the Emperor and his retinue that
he decreed that Valabar's had the favour of the Empire, or something.  And
like the Spanish lisp being brought about due to one of their royalty's
speech impediments, perhaps everyone agrees to continue the tradition for
obvious reasons, and just doesn't speak of the rule because everyone knows
about the decree.

Or maybe the decree itself has been lost to history (except the dusty Lyorn
records) but it nevertheless was around for sufficient time to absorb into
the popular consciousness.

So, with that in mind, what IS the history of Valabar's?  I'm sure it
contains juicy secrets about all manner of Dragaeran trivia.  I mean, aside
from barbers and musicians, who hears more than the barkeep?

Food for thought.

I couldn't resist sorry guys.

Jon