[Dragaera] Poll on format

Chris Olson Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 3 17:18:21 PST 2006

Glad to hear from you!

In answer to your query:

1)  What audiobook reader do you like best?

So far, my favorite has been Jim Dale (British actor, I believe).

2)  What audiobook format[s] do you like best?

CD.  I tend to drive a great deal, and listen to audiobooks in the car can pass the hours in bliss.  Of course, formats like MP3 can be converted into audio CDs, so those aren't bad. :)

3)  Do you listen to audiobooks frequently?

Uh...yeah.  Not *quite* as much as I used to, as I no longer have 1+ hour commute, but I still put in a few hours a week or more, depending on what's going on.

4)  Did you ever get hooked on an author from an audiobook?

Oddly enough, yes.  I'd never read the Harry Potter series (though most of my friends had), but ended up buying book 4 for a trip down south.  Enjoyed it enough to run out and read the others.

I'll also add that I've bought audiobooks of books I've wanted to read but hadn't yet, as well as those bought because I'd read and enjoyed the book already (I'll count "Peter and the StarCatchers" in the former, and "The Stupidest Angel" in the latter).

Okay, perhaps too much information, but there you are.

:)
Chris