[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 16 11:50:26 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 11/15/06, Philip Hart wrote:
> >

> > Presumably Zerika.
>
> Yet this doesn't make sense in the context.  The Empress has no
> motivation to interfere in the affairs of House Jhereg when those
> affairs are not in conflict with the Empire.

Umm, do we know any of the stuff you're using as premise?  Maybe the
Jhereg really didn't want Vlad put away; maybe she's got solid motivation
we don't know about; maybe she just likes Vlad and doesn't care about
the matter.

> > I would guess she was not uninterested but instead not
> > disinterested.  I take it the truth was manifest but unimportant.
>
> Well, then she could be described as uninterested in making the truth
> known to others besides herself.  There is still a definite apathy on
> her part.

I meant manifest to all concerned.  I bet the court had a good laugh.

And it's not apathy if the matter is trivial.  My view of whether this
comment has a number of letters divisible by 17 can't be so described.