[Dragaera] Irresistible Force vs. Immovable Object (WasRe:Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object)

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Fri Nov 17 13:10:24 PST 2006

Something to keep in mind when these sorts of discussions get going - Back
when Quantum Leap was popular, it had a pretty big internet fandom that
spent a fair amount of energy trying to reconcile various inconsistencies
and things that showed up over a couple of years worth of episodes.

Don Bellisario, the producer, would often give off-the-cuff explanations for
this or that, but his motto was "don't examine this too closely". When you
got right down to it, the actual reason for this or that happening or for
some new item appearing in Sam Beckett's background was that it was
entertaining to write the episode that way.

I have a feeling that if we really got down to brass tacks, the reason that
Vlad got away with his testimony is that Steve thought it sounded Cool to
write it that way and he didn't give a whole lot of worry to the whys and
wherefores of the actual interrogation.

Not that it should discourage speculation. Just that there may not actually
be any "reasonable" explanation.