[Dragaera] Dragaera Fan Poll - Your favorite one-liner?

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 08:37:22 PST 2006

--- Matthew Jennings <attjen at gmail.com> wrote:

> This one:
>
> "I don't suppose you have any experience in military reconnaissance?"
>
> "I assure you, in the small fishing village I come from it forms the
> sole
> topic of conversation."

I enjoyed that one too, though I'd seen an earlier version.

A miner from a Yorkshire coal town put in a late claim for
compensation for an injury.

Judge: Your client is no doubt aware that /Vigilantibus, et
not dormientibus, jura subveniunt/?

Lawyer: In Barnsley, m'lud, they speak of little else.

[I think the Latin means "The laws support the wakeful and
not the sleeping."  Or something else equivalent to "You
snooze, you lose."]

Jerry Friedman