[Dragaera] Pecans [Insignificant _Dzur_ spoiler]

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 10 16:37:14 PST 2007

Are we still officially spoiling _Dzur_?  Hmm, it's been 5 months,
and there's no ppb edition, so I guess so.

I was eating pecans the other day and recalled that on pg 244 of _Dzur_,
Vlad idly remarks that "Pecans don't grow near Adrilankha, they have to
be imported from, uh, from somewhere.  They're ridiculously expensive.
I think that's why I like them so much."

I had thought this just reflected the cost of transportation.  But
those costs ought to be distance-independent, or nearly.  Perhaps Vlad
has been in the middle of nowhere for so long, hardly able to teleport,
that he's forgotten how the future works.