[Dragaera] Speculation on Jhegaala, (spoilers removed)

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 14:29:51 PST 2007

lincicum at comcast.net (Jon Lincicum) writes:

> If this is the "Vlad goes east" story, it will also be interesting
> to see his other experiences in Fenario,

Are we certain he's going to Fenario?  I thought there was a comment
at the end of _Orca_ or _Issola_ saying (or implying) that he went
somewhere else at that time.

> especially considering his
> possible connection to the royal family of Fenario through Cawti.

Anything about that will have to be subtle, since Vlad is still
ignorant about that connection in _Issola_.  For that matter, he was
ignorant of Verra's inability to manifest there, which is another
hint he didn't go there then.

Why didn't he go there?  *Because* it's his ancestoral homeland, and
therefore the first place his enemies will look for him.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll