[Dragaera] Speculation on Jhegaala, (spoilers removed)

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 15:01:20 PST 2007

From: Gaertk at aol.com
> lincicum at comcast.net (Jon Lincicum) writes:
>
> > If this is the "Vlad goes east" story, it will also be interesting
> > to see his other experiences in Fenario,
>
> Are we certain he's going to Fenario?  I thought there was a comment
> at the end of _Orca_ or _Issola_ saying (or implying) that he went
> somewhere else at that time.

Well, the basis for concluding his trip to Fenario happened here were the comments he made in /Dzur/ that were minor spoilers. (Has to do with when/how he lost his finger, which, admittedly, we know very little about.)

> > especially considering his
> > possible connection to the royal family of Fenario through Cawti.
>
> Anything about that will have to be subtle, since Vlad is still
> ignorant about that connection in _Issola_.  For that matter, he was
> ignorant of Verra's inability to manifest there, which is another
> hint he didn't go there then.

Verra's statement in /Issola/ was "There is one place I cannot manifest." She never specifically says Fenario to Vlad (although as readers the implication that this is what she meant is pretty clear) so maybe he didn't realize she was talking about his homeland?

And besides, if Verra has been banished from Fenario, after 30 years, how many people are still going to be talking about her? The fact that she can't manifest there may have just not come up during his visit.