[Dragaera] Crack among the killed gods?

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 18:50:53 PST 2007

Steve Rapaport wrote:

> On 02/02/07, *Jon Lincicum* <lincicum at comcast.net
> <mailto:lincicum at comcast.net>> wrote:

Sethra Lavode, chapter 101:

[cite]

"Well," said Barlen, "what do we do with him?" [meaning Tri'nagore]
"Nothing," said Trout.
"How, nothing?" said Barlen.
"He is unable to manifest on that world," said Trout, "That is sufficient."

[/cite]

"That world." Does this mean *all* of Dragaera, or perhaps just the
place where his worshipers were (in the east)?

And that would be your answer. A god can only manifest where he has
worshipers. Since Tri'nagore's were all in the east, getting killed
there ends his ability to manifest on the entire world, whereas Verra
had worshipers both in Fenario, and also in the Empire, therefore
getting killed in Fenario does not impact her ability to manifest in the
Empire.

Plausible?