[Dragaera] Crack among the killed gods?

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Feb 2 08:39:57 PST 2007

From: "Martin Wohlert" <martin_wohlert at hotmail.com>
> "Mark Landin" <marklandin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >So a God's ability to interact with our mortal planes is governed by
> >geopolitical boundaries? That sounds especially .... contrived. If the
> >Empire moved it's borders 100 miles into Fenario, could Verra then
> >substantiate on that new territory that perhaps she could not have
> >before? Or do altars / temples / worshippers have a certain "sphere of
> >influence", such that if an invading Imperial army invaded Fenario,
> >and there were Verra worshippers and/or altars travelling with that
> >army, Verra could return to Fenario in that way?

Would Verra *want* to return to a Fenario that turned its back on her?

Or perhaps the only reason she was interested in Fenario in the first place, is that she had forseen her destroyer would originate there, hence she tried to influence events in that nation in order to have some influence over the one who would eventually weild Godslayer? (And now that he's around, but no longer in Fenario, the place holds no further interest for her?)

> I think Verra still has worshippers in Fenario. I don't see Noish-pa as
> the type who's a religious fugitive, and worshipping Verra seems
> like the normal thing for him to do.
> And I don't see all Fenarians stopping their Verra worship just for
> what a crazy prince did.

Yes, but she was destroyed in Fenario. Hence, cannot manifest there, no matter how many worshipers she has. (And Tri'nagore cannot manifest in the east, despite many of his worshipers no doubt surviving as well.)

Perhaps this provides compelling motivation for why there was a migration of Easterners into the Empire in recent years? Fenerians (like Noish-pa) were going someplace where Verra could still watch over them...