[Dragaera] Crack among the killed gods?

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Fri Feb 2 12:26:39 PST 2007

>It's hard to fathom that the LoJ would be governed by something as
>capricious as the paper maps, alliances, and agreements created by us
>puny mortals.

Well, don't take things too literally. When folks here say "Verra cannot
manifest in Fenario", we're not saying "Verra's visa has been revoked, she's
not welcome within Fenario's borders." We're simply saying that "Prince
Miklos banished Verra and he happened to banish her from the place he lives
which happens to be Fenario." Nobody knows just how big the area of her
"banishment" covers. From a pseudo-mystical standpoint, if the power of the
gods is at least partially dependent upon having a religious base as an
anchor, then having the ruling family of Fenario turn its back on her,
banish her, and probably "cancel" her status as the state religion then she
would effectively banned from the borders of Fenario. The lack of followers
would drain her of resources and prevent her entry as effectively as a
divine border patrol might.

Saying "She can manifest in the Empire but not in Fenario" is really just
saying "She can manifest anywhere else that she has worshippers". It's not
really saying something special about the Empire. Blackchapel, for instance,
is presumably somewhere outside of Fenario while still rather deep into The
East, and it seems likely that Verra could manifest there if she had a
hankering to do so.

As for the East being another world, there's no indication that it's on
another plane of existence or anything like that. It's just that other weird
culture on the far side of the Eastern Mountains.