[Dragaera] Morrolan's claims to witness Zerika's descent

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 14:44:38 PST 2007

From: "Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>
> [Fwd to list]
>
> On 2/13/07, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:

> > From: "Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>
> >
> > ...but then, according to Paarfi, anyway, Morrolan didn't even start studying
> any form of
> > sorcery until after the Interregnum had ended. [snip]
>
> Of course, he might be lying.

Or misinformed, stipulated. But we do have confirmation from Teldra (in /Issola/) that Morrolan spent most of the Interregnum in the east. How much could he have learned of Elder Sorcery prior to Zerika's trip to the falls?

> > All in all, I'd say this all tends to lend credence to the
> "Morrolan-has-Tazendra's
> > memories" theory...
>
> But that theory originated as an attempt to explain Morrolan's
> statement at the Falls. You can't use the evidence twice in support of
> the same theory, especially when other theories are also consistent
> with the evidence.

I'm not using it twice--this is still the original point, reiterated. My point here is that no other theory I've seen is really consistent with all the evidence. I tried to think of a competing idea, and it has more holes in it than any other I've seen.