[Dragaera] Gambling/Drug Use in a Jhereg Reign

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Wed Feb 14 09:00:12 PST 2007

>Which would involve concealing [the leftover entrenched Jhereg corruption]
from the Orb...

>-- Mark A. Mandel

I'm not convinced that the Orb would be much use in this regard. Submitting
the entire Court to lie detector tests wouldn't be in the best political
interests of an incoming Emperor.

Besides, the most effective corruption would likely be in the beauracracy
rather than in the Court. They'd have to investigate every petty paper
shuffler in the palace.

It makes more sense from the Jhereg point of view to offer up a couple of
high-profile patsy's to make the Iorich feel like they've acomplished
something while the real corruption goes on much as it always has.

I'd think that the Orb would be most helpful as a research tool for the new
Emperor to review what previous Iorich Emperors did and how effective they
actually were.