[Dragaera] Morrolan's claims to witness Zerika's descent

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 09:11:04 PST 2007

On 2/13/07, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
>
> >  Thus, Morrolan might have indeed been
> > present at Zerika's descent from Deathsgate, and known enough of Elder
> > Sorcery to know that it wouldn't function there.
>
> Um, while Morrolan might have learned Elder Sorcery from Verra,
> there's reason to doubt this since Verra has been shown not to be very
> proactive, except in very dire circumstances, and pretty much only for
> her daughter's sake.

Stipulated that Morrolan's knowing Elder Sorcery at that time is
unlikely, although learning it directly from Verra is more unlikely.
(I had in mind that he got interested in it because she's interested
in it, as well perhaps as other members of her priesthood.)

> > There's really no way to know exactly what Morrolan meant without more
> > data, but the "Tazendra's memories" theory is no better supported than
> > any of several other theories.
>
> It's better supported than Morrolan being correct when he claimed to
> have been at Deathgate with Zerika, because if that were so, it means
> that Zerika, Tazendra, and Piro all lied, or had their own memories
> about who was at Deathgate messed with for no explicable reason.
>
> And for that matter, it means that Sethra Lavode and Khaavren are also
> lying in some way - Sethra is the source of who left Dzur Mountain to
> go to Deathgate, and Khaavren was present at the first meeting of
> Zerika and Morrolan as described by Paarfi.

Or else Paarfi lied. Single-point failure. I haven't read enough
historical romances a la Dumas to know exactly how far history gets
stretched in those things.

> While Vlad's memory being confused is certainly one explanation,
> perhaps made more likely from what we see in /Dzur/, I personally
> favor the ideation about Morrolan somehow having Tazendra's memories
> because it's Cooler.

Or else Vlad was lying.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz