[Dragaera] Gender imbalance in the Jhereg [_Dzur_ Spoiler]

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 14 12:01:10 PST 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

> Philip's third alternative is what I assume to be true--there are lots
> of non-criminal Jhereg and Kragar and Kiera deliberately chose to work
> for the RH, thus becoming RH Jhereg.

But we've never met one, have we?  We don't even have a name like Handless
Jhereg for them.

Also note that in _Orca_ Kiera says that as an Easterner Vlad doesn't have
what it takes to be a real Jhereg.  What does that mean if there's a
significant respectable set of Jhereg?  What does the social disapproval
of the Jhereg mean if it's a bunch of regular nobility plus two small
criminal organizations?