[Dragaera] Gender imbalance in the Jhereg [MAJOR_Dzur_ Spoiler]

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 15 15:03:01 PST 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>

> > I agree that Kragar is a well-adjusted Jhereg at the time of the Vladiad,
> > but I don't have a sense of him joining the House and saying, I want a
> > job as a criminal, esp. an enforcer sort.  He would make a fine aide
> > to a D.A. or a politician or business man, for example...
>
> ...or as a business agent for an assassin, say?

Sales?  Total waste of his talents.  He should be a courier or an
industrial spy, not someone who schmoozes or oozes respectability.

Well, ok, one scenario - everybody wants Mario, however high he raises his
rates, but Mario only wants to do work that's worthy - and Kragar's the
guy who finds out if that's the case.  But then he wouldn't be going
around with Easterners threatening shopkeepers.

> Which might just explain how he got into the business side of the House in the first place...

He really ought to be a thief, then, or an assassin.