[Dragaera] Gender imbalance in the Jhereg [Minor Dzur Spoilers]

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 16:03:15 PST 2007

From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>

> I claim the distinction here is between "shutting down" and discreet
> lepipping.

Fair enough. At the same time, the Empire does have a vested interest
in making sure that honest tax-paying merchants stay in business,
whatever their House affiliations are.

> Anyway, I'm trying to get at what distinguishes RH from NH Jhereg - it
> might be that the latter just happen to be operating on the good side
> of the law at the moment, their bosses not having told them to operate
> on the other.  If it's the case that the Organization runs the Jhereg
> but parts of it happen to be above-board, that might well answer many
> of my objections.

I don't think we have enough information to determine for sure if this is the case or not.

Likely, Steve has never had to decide on how it works to this level of detail.

Sounds plausible, but who knows?