[Dragaera] Morrolan's claims to witness Zerika's descent

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Feb 17 14:43:49 PST 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 2/17/07, Philip Hart  wrote:
> >
> > All this is at the foundation of the naive Sethra-as-Paarfi theory, an
> > alternative being the cynical Sethra-as-Paarfi theory which has the main
> > actors being happy to have false information about them disseminated.
> >

> I'd like to suggest a modification to the Sethra-as-Paarfi theory:
> The Tukko-as-Paarfi theory.
>
> Tukko comes across as being far more important in the Paarfiad than we
> see of him directly in the Vladiad, which makes me suspect that Tukko
> handles Sethra's correspondence, and is the one that reads what Paarfi
> writes, and responds to Paarfi with information that greatly elevates
> himself, while pretending to be Sethra.

I think it's fair to say we don't know where "The Enchantress of
Dzur Mountain" stops and Tukko starts, so it would be very hard to
distinguish the two claims.  I would suggest looking at the chapter
in I think _TEoDM_ where the two of them talk to get a sense of
whether one more than the other is running Paarfi.

The treatment of Morrolan in the Paarfiad seems like Sethra's work
to me, but I can certainly imagine Tukkos who would be better fits.