[Dragaera] "Lord Mawdyear"

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sun Feb 18 17:36:28 PST 2007

I just noticed, while rereading _Taltos_, that Vlad hides out in
Candletown after his first assassination under the name "Lord Mawdyear".
  His use of that alias is also mentioned on the Dragaera Wiki.

What I don't remember noticing before, and what isn't mentioned on the
wiki, is that "Mawdyear" is a not-too-bad phonetic rendering of
"Magyar".  So you-know-who was having fun again.  (I'm not really sure
where this should be mentioned on the Wiki, so I haven't added it yet.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/dd-b
Pics: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum,