[Dragaera] Opportunities for Future Vlad books

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 12:35:37 PST 2007

From: lincicum at comcast.net (Jon Lincicum)

> > > Alexx says _T_ starts '"a few weeks" after the end of Jhereg (Tk 5; 43).'
> >

> > Come to think of it, though, if that is a Crack, and it's possible to
> > put a yearish between _J_ and _T_, I'd feel a good deal happier about
> > the development of Vlad and Cawti's relationship.

<snip my own misguided notions>

> helping Vlad. So who knows?

Apparently, reviewing the appropriate chapter in /Teckla/, Cawti pins this down a lot more precisely by saying that Vlad's conversation with Aliera (seen in /Jhereg/) was "A few weeks ago", as was her first contact with Kelly's group.

This seems to confirm Alex's dating rather precisely on this point...

Though I agree, that the sudden splinter in their relationship does seem rather sudden. Tho, perhaps that's really only the case when seen from Vlad's point of view?