[Dragaera] An extraordinarily convenient disease...

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Fri Mar 2 15:10:57 PST 2007

>Is it possible that Vlad's father's belief in Dragaeran reincarnation
>led him to seek death in the chance that he may reincarnate as a Dragaeran
himself?

While one part of me finds it unlikely, another finds the idea rather
attractive. Sr. was already "delusional" enough to think that buying a title
made him "Dragaeran" in comparison to his neighbors. He COULD have believed
that there were mystical ramifications to "becoming Dragaeran". I don't know
about seeking death deliberately, but anyone who was so stubbornly adamant
about rejecting his own culture in favor of another might well have
convinced himself, in a world where reincarnation is a fact of life, that he
might be rewarded in the next life by incarnation as a Dragaeran.

Vlad's case shows that, however unlikely, it IS possible for a soul to
switch camps if the karmic stage is set correctly. How weird would it be for
Vlad to encounter a young Dragaeran and discover that the kid had his
father's soul?