[Dragaera] An extraordinarily convenient disease...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 18:08:08 PST 2007

On 3/2/07, Scott Schultz wrote:

> >Is it possible that Vlad's father's belief in Dragaeran reincarnation
> >led him to seek death in the chance that he may reincarnate as a Dragaeran
> >himself?
>
> While one part of me finds it unlikely, another finds the idea rather
> attractive. Sr. was already "delusional" enough to think that buying a title
> made him "Dragaeran" in comparison to his neighbors. He COULD have believed
> that there were mystical ramifications to "becoming Dragaeran". I don't know
> about seeking death deliberately, but anyone who was so stubbornly adamant
> about rejecting his own culture in favor of another might well have
> convinced himself, in a world where reincarnation is a fact of life, that he
> might be rewarded in the next life by incarnation as a Dragaeran.

A further pararectal speculation:  Perhaps the reason that Vlad's
father was so adamant in trying to become, and be, a Dragaeran, was
because his soul's previous reincarnation was, in fact, a Dragaeran
(perhaps even someone we've met because Paarfi wrote about him/her?),
and he (a) somehow came to realize this, and (b) felt it was therefore
necessary for himself to try and "recapture" his Dragaeranness by
whatever means, and (c) he might thus indeed not resist death in the
hopes that his next incarnation would in fact be a Dragaeran.

Hm.