[Dragaera] An extraordinarily convenient disease...

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 07:08:00 PST 2007

In article
<e6adc2290703021808g4fe51a66k216e5cc9554e2736 at mail.gmail.com>,
davdisil at gmail.com (Davdi Silverrock) wrote:

> A further pararectal speculation:  Perhaps the reason that Vlad's
> father was so adamant in trying to become, and be, a Dragaeran, was
> because his soul's previous reincarnation was, in fact, a Dragaeran
> (perhaps even someone we've met because Paarfi wrote about him/her?),

Gene Wolfe might write something that worked like that: it's reminiscent
of some of the more outre theories of _The Book Of The New Sun_. SKZB
doesn't seem quite so preoccupied with his own cleverness and deviousness.

> and he (a) somehow came to realize this, and (b) felt it was therefore
> necessary for himself to try and "recapture" his Dragaeranness by
> whatever means, and (c) he might thus indeed not resist death in the
> hopes that his next incarnation would in fact be a Dragaeran.

If he believed this, wouldn't either his father or his son be likely to
have an inkling of it?

--
John Dallman, jgd at cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.