[Dragaera] An extraordinarily convenient disease...

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 3 16:33:30 PST 2007

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 3/2/07, Scott  wrote:
>
>>> The recent new wiki page on Baronet Taltos has reminded me that I have
>>> had vaguely paranoid notions that Vlad's father was killed
>>> deliberately, almost certainly by Verra, for the purpose of isolating
>>> Vlad.
>>>
>>> I am just curious if this makes sense to anyone else, or if I am once
>>> again alone in my idiosyncratic pararectal ideation.
>>>
>> Plagues are a relatively common occurrence in the Easterner Ghetto.
>>

> Are they?  I don't recall any textev that would indicate this.  Also
> consider: Vlad's father avoided the Easterner ghetto, except when
> specifically visiting his father.

I can't speak to plague textev, but as you note below, Vlad caught the
plague. Vlad's father didn't need to go to the Easterner ghetto to
contract it; Vlad could have had it and passed it on.
> Although speaking of plagues, now I wonder if the Easterner population
> has been kept so backwards, technologically and otherwise, for 250,000
> years because whenever someone the population gets too high a plague
> kills off the surplus. Or if an Easterner invents something
> particularly clever, a more targeted plague kills the inventor and
> everyone who knows about the invention.
>
> Would the gods stoop to biowarfare?  I kinda think they would.

I'd be curious to know if there are Accelerationist factions among the
gods. Perhaps Tri'nagore?

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand