[Dragaera] Ascension Day

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Fri Mar 9 10:34:08 PST 2007

At 09:19 AM 3/9/2007, Casey Rousseau wrote:

>I'll agree that President's Day is ignored by everyone except the auto
>dealerships, but I'd argue that Memorial Day and Labor Day get celebrated
>fairly widely.  Granted Memorial Day has almost been reduced to the
>beginning of the summer outdoor party season, rather a day than to remember
>our military dead.  Labor day is the sort of holiday that is celebrated just
>by having the day off from work. (As many people do.)

US Government observes President's Day (Specifically, as George
Washington's Birthday).  The USN, for instance, is required by
regulations to Full Dress ship only twice a year:  Independence Day
and George Washington's Birthday.

"Dress ship" requires a large, holiday flag to be flown, with
American flags at each masthead; "Full Dress ship" requires the same
plus a rainbow of signal flags from bow to stern.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net