[Dragaera] 'Rose' CD differences [at length]

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Wed May 9 00:11:36 PDT 2007

dragaera-request at dragaera.info wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:52:54 -0700
> From: "Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Iconaclastic lyrics
>
> I think I got my copy of /Rose/ when I bought the /Another Way to
> Travel/ CD, and possibly at the same time as when I bought the Flash
> Girls CDs, which would have been in the early or mid-1990s.
>
> Now I am curious as to the publishing history of /Rose/.  Does anyone
> else remember when they bought their CD, and how many pages were
> included in the jewel case?

The original 1993 CD and the 2007 CD have the same lyric book.

Many details follow.  You have been warned.

The lyric books have slightly different back pages [both inside and
outside].  The 2007 CD does not say SteelDragon Press; it says '(P) 1993
Steven K.Z. Brust' over www.dreamcafe.com.

The book has ten double-sided pages.  Eight double-sided black-and-white
pages of lyrics and a 1963 picture.  (I think Steve is wearing one of
his Sandman t-shirts.)  The cover is in color on the outside and
black-and-white inside.

Book covers:  Inside front cover has the track listing.  Inside back
cover has the acknowledgments and credits.  Outside front cover is the
pretty picture.  Outside back cover is white text on black background,
saving the album title and track numbers, which are in red.

The jewelcase backsides differ.  :>  The white-brick background is from
1993.  The 2007 CD says 'www.dreamcafe.com' over a barcode.  The Beer &
Pizza logo has different locations.

There's a shrink-wrapped 'Rose' cassette.  Peeking through the case, it
_looks_ like it has a foldout lyric sheet.  I'll leave it be.

*---

---
A.S. Zanoni
Personal Assistant to Steven Brust