[Dragaera] Castle Black

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Wed May 9 16:58:36 PDT 2007

> I seem to remember (as Vlad "seems to remember") Vlad
> mentioning runes, writing or symbols that may or may not have
> meant something to the order of "...don't fall down..." or
> something or other--I think.

Your mileage may vary:

Dragon, Chapter 1 - [From Castle Black] I risked a look down. There were
trees below me that looked like miniature bushes, and the two roads and one
stream were lines of brown and blue respectively, meeting and crossing and
running almost parallel to form a design that, if I tried, I could convince
myself was a mark in some runic alphabet. Maybe it was a symbol that told
the castle, "Don't fall down." That was a comforting thought.

Bryan