[Dragaera] Dragaeran reincarnation

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:29:34 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> I don't understand the fear of soul destruction, I suppose it is
> genetic.    Unless there is some theology that has an ultimate
> destination for a soul that they believe must be reached.

Neither do I. With respect to Morganti weapons, though, I believe it's not
so much an abstract fear of no longer existing as an active fear of
something that wants to eat you, in a very painful way. (I was about to say
"presumably" a painful way but then remembered that Aliera has experienced
this.) Reincarnation aside, death by Morganti appears to be viewed in much
the same way we would view being eaten by a Great White Shark, and this
explains some of the revulsion.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz