[Dragaera] The Lyorn's Horn

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:13:31 PDT 2007

On 5/27/07, Mark A. Mandel  wrote:

> Davdi Silverrock scripsit:
>

> And finally, perhaps two colors - I noted the phrase "lyorn red",
> which might suggest that the body is red rather brown.  Perhaps red
> with brown legs?  Or perhaps random areas of red and brown?
>
> Where was that phrase? Was it "lyorn red" or "Lyorn red"?

PotD, pg 92.  And it was indeed "lyorn", which was why I thought it
was meant to refer to the animal rather than the House.  But it is not
outside the bounds of probability that it was a typo for the
capitalized House name.

Speaking of shades of red and brown, I wonder if perhaps "Lyorn (or
lyorn) red" is a dark shade, like maroon or burgundy:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_%28color%29