[Dragaera] The Lyorn's Horn

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:35:23 PDT 2007

On 5/28/07, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> > How about a greyhound?
>
> I think that may be a little *too* lean, but perhaps will have to do.
> Greyhounds look lean, but they're bred for speed.  I'm thinking that
> one of the obvious hunting dogs would be better.
>
> Some other breeds that might work: borzoi; kuvasz; Irish wolfhound.

Looking at some more images, I think the kuvasz looks too chunky, and
perhaps the wolfhound as well, although there are some images of
wolfhounds that look nice and trim.

The description of the lyorn says "sleek".  So I'm thinking borzoi is
probably the best, although you may need to search for images of
clipped and groomed borzoi, since they can also get kind of shaggy.

Hm.  There's also the silken windhound, which was bred from borzoi.

Searching some more, I also find the Pharaoh Hound, which looks rather exotic.