[Dragaera] The Lyorn's Horn

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:55:35 PDT 2007

On 5/27/07, Jon Lincicum  wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> > Perhaps an Afghan hound rather than a retriever - thinner and more elegant.
> >

> Hmmm... Afghan hounds have all that hair, makes it hard to get a "lean"
> look in silhouette.

True.  I had misremembered how much hair they have, and how it looks in profile.

I've been looking for images, and there are some of Afghans which are
presumably clipped, looking neater, but that's still a lot of hair.

> How about a greyhound?

I think that may be a little *too* lean, but perhaps will have to do.
Greyhounds look lean, but they're bred for speed.  I'm thinking that
one of the obvious hunting dogs would be better.

Some other breeds that might work: borzoi; kuvasz; Irish wolfhound.

Hey, SKZB: which of the above most resembles a lyorn?

> > Since SKZB suggested a straight horn, use a narwhal horn.
> >

> Well, or a unicorn horn.

Heh.  Good luck finding one.

More seriously: what I meant was that I think that a straight horn
with a spiraling ridge or groove is Cooler than a plain one.

> http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lyornlogo-2.jpg
>
> Better? Worse? Same?

Definitely better.

What are you using to create the image, btw?