[Dragaera] Speculation on weapons and sorcery

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Tue Jun 26 10:33:25 PDT 2007

On 6/26/2007 Steve Rapaport wrote:
>  If you're looking for a modern example of a commander with an
>  excellent feel
>  for detail and logistics, look up Napoleon's biography sometime.  The
>  man was amazing.

I tend to agree with the view that the two weapons that won WWII were
the the Liberty Ship and the Jeep.

The Romans' great weapon was the road.

Even with the speed of a slow race, Dragaera is adapting to an
incredible change, maybe even larger than our industrial revolution.
When the Europeans expanded around the world, their first products were
light weights - Magellan's expedition lost its leader, two of its ships,
but brought back a cargo full of pepper, making it a huge financial
success.    Dragaera can move small items and data quickly.

They also have enough wealth to pay for scholars - who are not wasting
their efforts with theology but are investing it in research that bring
real-world returns.

There may even be a Singularity in the near future.