[Dragaera] Speculation on weapons and sorcery

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:17:18 PDT 2007

If you're looking for a modern example of a commander with an excellent feel
for detail and logistics, look up Napoleon's biography sometime.  The man
was amazing.

My own memory on the details is bad (I'm never going to be a commander) but
I remember it sticking in my head as I read that his command of logistics
and morale were both awesome.

One impressive thing is
> how well Sethra appreciates logistics, the bread and butter (so to
> speak) of professional military planners.  You don't often see that in
> fantasy; Modesitt refers to it on a sort of individual scale & Cook's
> various protagonist military leaders always show a flare for it  (Bragi,
> the Captain, the Lieutenant & later Croaker), but I'm hard pressed for
> any other examples. . . .
>
> Snarkhunter

Did you threaten its life with a railway share?  Did you seek it with forks
and hope?

/Steve the Younger

\Steve