[Dragaera] Crack in Palace [spolier

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:02:53 PDT 2007

On 7/5/07, inuyashadontask wrote:

>> -I think you misunderstood the timing.  Everything that you describe -
>>  the dragon, the Countess arriving, etc - are meant to be taking place
>>  shortly before Miklos makes his way back into Fenario, not immediately
>>  after he departs.

>             No, the King hits Mili, he runs, the king to his advisor about
> the events, marriage, the North and Dragon, time jump, Mili climbs down the
> waterfall, etc., dragon finds Vilmos... Beginning of chapter five

What?

No, you're still confused.  Or maybe your copy of the book is confused
(sometimes the pages are not bound in the correct order).  Are the
pages sequential?

And I have no idea what you mean by "chapter five".  Go to chapter
two.  Read the first two paragraphs.  Note the text that says "[...]
only two years ago, was occupied by Miklos [...]"

>             New question, the last one notwithstanding, how did he Learn so
> much, lighting through his hands? In just two years, which a unknown amount
> of time serfdom, and no one willing to teach him for he his a Eastern. Vlad
> studied more, granted he tried to forget, but he knows personally most if
> not all of the most powerful and feared Wizards.

Shrug.  Who knows?

Bolk says that Miklos tries to understand things, and tends to think
logically.  That's probably a hint that Miklos is quick to learn and
understand.  So Miklos may be a faster learner than Vlad, at least in
some ways.

>>  -"disillusionment" means "no longer having illusion".  You probably
>>  meant to use the word "illusion" here.

>       No, the people Vilmos/Mili meet in their eyes there see the true way
> the Palace is.

What???

Given that the palaces seen are not actually inside of the eyeballs of
the people they are looking at, of course it's an illusion.