[Dragaera] A passing comment of Sethra's

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 18:07:06 PDT 2007

On 7/8/07, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Bryan Newell wrote:
> >       "Sethra had only managed to bring Aliera's body; Aliera's
> > life-essence, or soul, was ripped from her body in the maelstrom of elder
> > sorcery which was even then beginning to cascade through the city, and her
> > soul found its way no on knew where.  Indeed, Sethra herself thought for
> > many years that it had never escaped the fall, but had been destroyed along
> > with so many others.  It is not impossible that the belief that she had
> > failed accounts for Sethra's vanishing from human intercourse, if, indeed,
> > she has not met her fate in some awful battle or tragic mischance."
>

> I'm a bit confused about this, since if _FHYA_ is post-Vlad then Paarfi
> well knows that Aliera has been restored, and if he doesn't know that then
> the book is pre-Vlad.

It took me a second to see what you mean, but yes, if FHYA is
post-Vlad then Sethra's subsequent vanishing could not possibly be
attributed to a belief that she had failed to save Aliera, since
Aliera has now re-emerged. In other words, if FHYA then Paarfi well
knows that _Sethra_ well knows that Aliera has been restored.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz