[Dragaera] A passing comment of Sethra's

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:35:19 PDT 2007

[Replying to the list, since it looks germane to the current discussion]

On 7/9/07, Konrad Gaertner wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> >
> > So perhaps the first draft of FHYA was composed during the
> > Interregnum.
>
> That's very likely.  Checking the Preface of TPG and Alexx's timeline:
>
> http://www.panix.com/~alexx/dragtime.html
>
> I see that Paarfi's _Toward Beginning a Survey of Some Events
> Contributing To the Fall of Empire_ was submitted (and rejected) 40
> years before TPG was published, and therefore 25 years after the main
> Vlad books, which isn't too long a time for someone like Paarfi to
> spend writing a book.

Indeed, looking at the preface to tPG, I think it can be condensed to:
 "I was researching who was nearest Tortaalik and Adron e'Kieron just
before the Disaster, and became interested enough in these 4
individuals (who not only were near the Emperor and the rebel, but
survived the Disaster itself) to research their earlier careers, which
I decided to publish first."

Or something close to that, at any rate.