[Dragaera] Loiosh (DZUR SPOILERS)

J C greyw01f at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:07:38 PDT 2007

SPOILERS AHEAD BE YE HEREBY WARNED

So.

I was just reading the timeline posted by Alexx (when was it last updated,
btw) that mentions in the Issola section that Loiosh mind-scans Vlad for
mental/psychic interference.

It occurs to me that something like massive memory loss/manipulation by
Verra would show up on something like this, especially since Loiosh says
something like "The creatures hasn't spawned yet that can fool me",
SPECIFICALLY in reference to the Jenoine.  So, either Loiosh has a vastly
over-rated opinion of his abilities, or a vastly under-rated opinion of the
abilities of a God/Jenoine.  This makes sense inasmuch as the familiar takes
on some aspects of the provider, which includes, apparently, smart-aleck
remarks as well as excessive arrogance :P

But still, Vlad is arrogant with reason.  Whence comes Loiosh's grounds for
making such a wild statement about his ability to detect
psionic/psychic/mental interference?  Is it something to do (or not to, due
to his inability to detect it) with the familiar/provider bond?  Is it
something to do with the fact that Jhereg apparently developed a
psionic-detection device in the wild to keep from falling into the Athyra's
trap?  Or something else entirely....

Jon