[Dragaera] On Endings

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Wed Jul 18 15:12:23 PDT 2007

>I think your tripods story was a John Wyndham thing.  Maybe "Day of the
>Triffids"?
>I was a big Wyndham fan in grade 7.

Dunno about John Wyndham, but it wasn't _Day of the Triffids_. I never
imagined a Triffid as being tripod like, for that matter. That book left an
indelible impression, though. I can very easily remember my childhood
imaginings of the triffids herding blind people through Trafalgar Square (or
wherever that particular scene took place).

Ah, Google to the rescue! The series I referred to is _The White Mountains_,
_The City of Gold and Lead_, and _The Pool of Fire_ by John Christopher.

>Yes, watching a beloved character or series end is pretty bittersweet,
>isn't it?
>
>Harry Potter's final release comes in just 3 days.

I'd forgotten about Harry. I'm not attached to him like his many fans are
but I've read all of the books. I'll be interested to see the conclusion to
his story. If he dies as some are predicting, I expect there'll be much
wailing and gnashing of teeth over it. *heh*