[Dragaera] Drien

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:12:54 PDT 2007

On 7/27/07, kieronthecontent  wrote:

> I really don't have a substantial amount of evidence to back this theory up,
> but I'm still going to poise the question with the hope that someone can
> provide said evidence, or quickly stomp my theory into the ground...
>
> That being said, could Sethra be Drien?

Doubtful.  There is text that supports Sethra changing her life-state,
and changing her material composition.  There is nothing that suggests
that she ever had a different gender, nor that she had a different
name.

In addition, as far as we know, Sethra never died until relatively
recently, and was permitted to return to her prior existence as an
undead.  The Lords of Judgment mention in passing that Drien stood
before them for judgment.  I think we can infer that Drien died.
Certainly Lord Drien of the third Cycle died, although that may have
been a descendant of Drien-sibling-of-Kieron.

> Sethra is always quoted as being around during the time of Dolivar, Kieron,
> et al, and yet she is never referenced by name.

Aliera also states that she was there, and does not say what her name
was then,  nor her gender.  And she also says that she was a Shaman,
which makes her a far better candidate to have been Drien than Sethra.

See also:

   http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Speculation:Drien