[Dragaera] Jasper Fforde

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Wed Aug 8 07:55:50 PDT 2007

J C wrote:

> I highly recommend Fforde's books.  I remarked to my wife that they
> were "of Brustian quality" which made her jaw drop.

I wouldn't go nearly that far, though I agree they make pleasant reads.
The conceit of imagining that literary works, characters, plots, etc,
are real and interact with the real world is interesting enough (cf. Tom
Holt for other treatments of this basic idea) & you can have a lot of
fun with it, but I don't find myself as compelled by them.

Snarkhunter