[Dragaera] Devra in Tombstone?

Ian Edwards mendo666 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:09:28 PDT 2007

>From: Philip Hart
> >
> >On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> >
> > > I know a lot of people use "fey" (doomed to die, acting strangely,
> > > overly whimsical) to mean "fay" (fairy), but would Emma Bull?
> >

>My dictionary says this distinction is lost - "fairylike" appears in
>definition 1.a. - and that's the American Heritage, rather more
>prescriptive than some competitors.

The OED has a listing for 'fay' as a noun with the definition simply being
"fairy," and this definition is not labeled as obsolete.

However, the adjective version meaning "fairylike" is, indeed, under 'fey'
(and also not listed as obsolete, although all variations of the
above-referenced "doomed to die" are listed as obsolete definitions).

< /delurk>

Ian
Evil DM Extraordinaire

"Y'know, there's something to this. You should write a book on better living
through apathy."
"But doesn't it stop being 'apathetic' if I expend energy to write a whole
book?"
"I suppose so. That's the problem with lazy genius: you never get around to
being appreciated."
- somethingpositive.net