[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 21:11:45 PDT 2007

[ spoilers for /Dzur/ ]
[ lurk below ]
[ be warned ]

On 10/16/07, Philip Hart wrote:

> Verra says he couldn't have made it through sane so she brainwashed him.
> I think that counts as a mark on the nano scale.

I think it would be worthwhile to consider Verra's statement about her
motivations as being at least misleading, if not completely false.

How would the memory of a stature of Kieron, and Morrolan performing a
ritual before it, threaten Vlad's sanity, one wonders?

I think it likely for Verra to have acted in an ultimately
self-serving manner.  We simply haven't found out how she benefits
from the mindwipes yet.

> Unless I'm confused Morrolan gets the same treatment.  I wonder about
> Zerika.

Most likely.  Why would she be immune?  Hm.  Unless the Orb itself can
counteract said memory-tampering?

I also wonder about Aliera.  Does the same blood-effect that lets her
walk out of the Paths give her immunity from mind-hacking?