[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Margaret Young myoung at albion.edu
Sun Oct 28 12:21:55 PDT 2007

hmm, I was going to make the same (the mindwipe seems to be on the way in) but I agree, causality is not something to count on in the POTD

Margaret

Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On 10/28/07, Holmes, Erik <Erik.Holmes at marriott.com> wrote:
>
>> [ spoilers for /Dzur/ ]
>>

>> Maybe it has more to do with what Vlad encountered on the way out then the
>> way in. Maybe he encountered cthulhu type things that man was not meant to
>> know.
>>
>> Doesn't he make a comment in Taltos about how he can't remember the trip
>> out?
>>

> I don't remember that comment, but in Dzur Vlad connects the mind-wipe with
> his dip in a pool before the Halls of Judgment. You can't wipe memories that
> haven't happened yet

Well, normally I would agree with that statement, but this *is* the
Paths of the Dead we're talking about.

The normal rules of causality do not always apply.