[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:30:58 PDT 2007

On 10/28/07, Margaret Young <myoung at albion.edu> wrote:

> hmm, I was going to make the same (the mindwipe seems to be on the way in)
> but I agree, causality is not something to count on in the POTD

My objection isn't about casuality--it doesn't matter if Vlad came out of
the Halls of Judgment before he went in--but in order to wipe a memory, the
memory must exist in the first place, and it's unlikely that the mere
process of traversing the PotD would somehow give Vlad access to memories of
experiences he hasn't yet had, thus necessitating Verra wiping them.
Besides, wiping them at that point wouldn't do any good, because he would
just have the actual experience on the way out of the HoJ, negating any
benefit of the pre-wipe. The objective time line doesn't matter, but Vlad's
subjective timeline is still linear. That is, we've seen no evidence that
even Devera can get into "The Man Who Folded Himself"-like situations.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,