[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Oct 29 08:15:22 PDT 2007

>How would the memory of a stature of Kieron, and Morrolan performing a
>ritual before it, threaten Vlad's sanity, one wonders?

I imagine that Verra is not all that precise about what memories were
removed. Since Vlad seems to actually HAVE the memories, it appears really
that she blocked or altered them rather than removing them entirely. The
block may have been messy or "fuzzy". Of course, it might also be that the
ritual Vlad witnessed was part of the key to opening the way and she didn't
want him attempting to come back.

>I think it likely for Verra to have acted in an ultimately
>self-serving manner.  We simply haven't found out how she benefits
>from the mindwipes yet.

Perhaps I do Verra a disservice, but it seems to me that rather like The
Devil, everything Verra does is self-serving in some fashion, no matter how
altruistic it may ostensibly be. It's just part of her nature.